The HBA of F-M is a volunteer-driven trade organization serving the home building industry and consisting of nearly 900 Builder, Associate and Affiliate members. At its October Awards Gala & Annual Meeting, the Association recognized members who go above and beyond for the Association and community:
- Builder and Associate of the Year are the HBA’s highest honors. Judged by a committee of past award winners and current staff, they are meant to recognize one outstanding Builder member and one outstanding Associate member for effort and work expended in the interest of his or her fellow members, Association and community. Congratulations to this year’s Builder of the Year winner, Tom Spaeth, Accent Contracting, and Associate of the Year winner, Dawn Cruff, Green Team Realty! On Dec. 1, both Spaeth and Cruff went on to win these honors at the state level with the North Dakota Association of Builders at its Annual Meeting in Bismarck.
- The HBA of F-M presented its BEAM Award to Dakota Construction of Fargo, Inc. BEAM stands for Builders Engaging Associate Members and the honor recognizes Builder members who exemplify the motto “it’s good business to do business with a member.” The team work that exists between Builders and their trade partners who are HBA of F-M members is vitally important.
- A staff-selected honor, the Extra Mile Award went to Eric Miller, Capital Credit Union, and Trevor Odden, Stone Ridge Builders, Inc., because of volunteerism and willingness to work behind-the-scenes to assist the HBA staff and help make events happen. Due to outstanding volunteerism, two winners were named this year for the first time ever!
- Spike awards, recognizing members’ outstanding commitment to member recruitment and retention, went to the following:
- Top New Spike was presented to Tracy Nicholson, Spotlight Media, Inc., for recruiting and retaining enough members to move up a level in the Spike Club (a rewards and recognition system within the National Association of Home Builders).
- Top Spike award was given to Todd Rasmussen, Valley Lights, for garnering the most Spike credits (given member recruitment and retention).
- Top Recruiter Award was given to Robin Swanson, Superior Insurance, for recruiting the most new members.