The 53nd annual Red River Valley Home & Garden Show, brought to you by Accent Kitchen & Bath, ushers in spring and welcomes HGTV’s Design on a Dime host David Sheinkopf Feb. 21-23. He will present interactive seminars each day of the show covering painting tips and tricks, proportion in your home, decorating with things you already have, and making sure you always have the right tool.
“Coming out to see me at the Home & Garden Show means you can have a one-on-one with designer and builder!” he says. “Bring in your photos or floor plans and let’s discuss what design dilemmas you have. It will be an environment of sharing and seeing that all people have the same issues when it comes to design and understanding your home.”
Consumers will find the Fargodome overflowing with more than 330 exhibitors, including the largest selection of home and garden exhibits in the region. It is one-stop shopping and provides a glimpse of spring; enjoy the smell of flowers, mulch and greenery in the landscaping and backyard displays! Inside the home of NDSU’s championship football team, you will find Bison-themed items including pool tables and games, stained glass art and even green and yellow cabinetry. Techies can check out the best in sound and electronics, including a “smart” garage door opener that can be controlled from a phone or the Internet and a wireless, weather-proof television monitor that is part of a hot tub and can withstand rain, snow and cold. Along with home improvement ideas and the latest gadgets,
HBA of F-M Executive Vice President Bryce Johnson says, “Come to gather ideas. In this age of the Internet, nothing beats human interaction and the Home & Garden show’s social setting. We even have a place for the kids: a managed daycare so your children can have fun while you shop.”
Event details and conveniences
- Show hours are 3-9 p.m. Friday, Feb. 21; 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 22; and 11 a.m.-5 p.m., Sunday Feb. 23.
- Show guides will be published in The Forum Feb. 16 and become available at all Hornbacher’s Feb. 17.
- Admission is $8
- $1-off coupons will be available in the show guides and at www.hbafm.com (starting Feb. 17).
- Two-for-one admission specials will be 3-5 p.m. Friday and Sunday ($1-off admission coupon not valid during two-for-one hours).
- Check www.hbafm.com for a seminar schedule and event details. Share what you want to discover at this year’s show using #homesweethomeshow on Facebook (HomeShowFM), Pinterest (HBAFM) and Twitter (@HBAFM).
- A managed daycare will be available for potty-trained children age three to seven. Fees are $3 per hour for the first child and $2 per hour for each additional child (same family).
- Entrances on the east and west sides of the Fargodome will be open for consumer convenience.
- More about Sheinkopf: He has background as a model, actor, set designer and art director and spent over four years and 100 shows on HGTV’s Design on a Dime, realizing that helping people with design problems is a great feeling. He has continued on that road, working on The Greg Berendt Show and Lowe’s Creative Ideas Magazine. Learn more at www.davidsheinkopf.com.
- Visit www.hbafm.com for more details. Contact the HBA at (701) 232-5846 or email@example.com for more information on exhibiting. For sponsorship information, contact Jenny Erickson at (701) 232-5846 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The HBA of F-M promotes an environment in which members and their businesses can prosper. It is a non-profit trade association of nearly 800 members that has been in existence since 1956. Its public events include the Spring Parade of Homes, Fall Parade of Homes, Remodeled Home Tour, Red River Valley Home & Garden Show and Fall Home Show.