The 52nd annual Red River Valley Home & Garden Show brings two first-rate experts to your back door Feb. 22-24. Jyll Everman, a chef and season seven finalist on “Next Food Network Star,” and Geralin Thomas, a personal organizer who regularly appears on A&E’s show “Hoarders,” will host seminars at the show. Consumers will find the Fargodome overflowing with more than 300 exhibitors, including the largest selection of home and garden exhibits in the region. It is one-stop shopping!
Everman – Everman owns Jyllicious Bites, a catering company in Glendora, Calif., devoted to gourmet finger foods. She has been a guest on the “Rachel Ray Morning Show” and several national radio stations. She was a private chef for six years before opening Jyllicious Bites. She currently teaches monthly cooking classes in various venues in Los Angeles and is a part-time culinary specialist at Williams-Sonoma. Visit www.jylliciousbites.com for more details.
Thomas – Thomas offers real solutions for real people, emphasizing simplicity and excellence in her approach to organizing challenges both large and small. Based in Cary, N.C., Thomas has been published in an array of national magazines, featured on “The Nate Berkus Show” and “Today.” She founded her company, Metropolitan Organizing, in 2002, is past president of the North Carolina chapter of the National Association of Professional Organizers, and is a chronic disorganization and ADHD specialist. Visit metropolitanorganizing.com for more details on Thomas.
Event details and conveniences
- Show hours are 3-9 p.m. Friday, Feb. 22; 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 23; and 11 a.m.-5 p.m., Sunday Feb. 24.
- Check www.hbafm.com for a seminar schedule as the show nears.
- Show guides will be published in The Forum Feb. 17 and become available at all Hornbacher’s Feb. 18.
- Admission is $8
- $1-off coupons will be available in the show guides and at www.hbafm.com (starting Feb. 18).
- Two-for-one admission specials will be 3-5 p.m. Friday and 3-5 p.m. Sunday ($1-off admission coupon not valid during two-for-one hours).
- Platinum sponsor Accent Kitchen & Bath offers kitchen and bath seminars for consumers.
- The Home Depot will offer a Kids’ Workshop on the mezzanine level, above the lobby Feb. 23, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., and Feb. 24, noon – 4 p.m. Read more in the show guide.
- Entrances on the east and west sides of the Fargodome will be open for consumer convenience.
- Visit www.hbafm.com for more details. Contact Alison at (701) 232-5846 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on exhibiting. For sponsorship information, contact Jenny at (701) 232-5846 or email@example.com.
The HBA of F-M is a non-profit trade association of just under 800 members that has been in existence since 1956. Its mission is to provide quality services, benefits and education to members and the community while representing the collective interests of the home building industry. Its public events include the Spring Parade of Homes, Fall Parade of Homes, Red River Valley Home & Garden Show, Fall Home Show and Remodeled Home Tour.